We all only turn 50 once. It’s half a century, a big number and a big deal.
Turning 50, you have a choice!
You can choose to mope and be sad and sorry for yourself as you get older OR you can feel the love, appreciate your life and be grateful for your world and all the exciting things yet to come.
I chose the second option! You can read all about my 50th HERE.
It is a chance for a party, an outrageous celebration and an opportunity to dream about the letter you will receive from the Queen in another 50 years, (If you make it).
Your soul is also thrilled as it gives you an opportunity for reflection, pondering and epiphanies. It provides a time to look at your last 50 and plan your next 50.
You get to laugh at all the hilarious ridiculous things you did, bad clothes and hairstyles you wore.
But, more seriously you get to look at how you behaved, what you learnt and who you have grown into.
You may still want to tweak a few things to ride out your next 50 in a smooth gracious easy going elegant knowing style, and that’s ok, its fun to keep learning it keeps us stimulated.
To plan for the future it’s always good to reflect on the past, it helps you to walk into the future knowing what you honour, cherish and treasure.
For me, these are my 50 things I plan to honour and live more in alignment with in the years to come.
I didn’t have to think hard to come up with these they are kind of embedded in my heart from the 50 years of footsteps I have taken. For me, they have morphed and made an up-front appearance in my life really strongly over the last few years. I couldn’t have sprouted them in my 20’s I was to busy partying and I am sure they will be different in my 90’s. But this is what they are today. And today is really all that matters, isn’t it!
Alongside, more parties, fancy shoes, pink handbags and hilarious coffee dates with friends. Of course!
1 – 50 Fabulous fifty tips!
- Do what YOU want to do
- Say YES when you want and NO when you want
- Listen to what your body wants and needs
- Be gentle and kind to yourself
- Surround yourself with the ones that bring out the best in you
- Don’t take life so seriously
- Find your silly side and let her loose
- Distance yourself from the drama
- Stop worrying about what others think
- Reduce the crappy food and increase the healthy alternatives
- Realise its more about how you feel than what you put in your mouth
- Hydrate with lots of water
- Allow at least 30 mins each day for reflection, meditation, yoga, YOU time
- Take an afternoon nap
- Go to bed before 10
- Learn to love the wrinkles and the cellulite
- Buy the extra pair of shoes
- Be less busy and more loving
- Enjoy the long walks in the sun
- Sit outside and eat lunch
- Spend time with the dogs
- If you are later for an appointment say “So what”
- Sleep in
- Feel the sun on your face
- Watch Your favourite show in the middle of the day
- Smell the Jasmine
- Be ridiculous
- Paint your house the colour YOU want
- Cook up delectable healthy meals
- Book the trip you have dreamed about
- Conjure up your pink bucket list and do it
- Adorn your house with flowers
- Meet new and inspirational people
- Read uplifting and motivational books
- Listen to your favourite song over and over
- Tell your loved ones what they mean to you
- Chase your dreams
- Never ever give up
- Problem solve the problems you encounter
- Feel and appreciate the good
- Feel and learn from the not so good
- Trust your intuition 110%
- Believe in the signs that are sent your way
- Honour, remember and pay tribute to your loved ones that have passed
- Say “I love me” to yourself
- Shower your love all over your furry children
- Be an advocate for all the animals in the entire world
- Be YOU
- Say “Buon appetitio” before each meal!
- Totally fall in absolute LOVE with yourself and your life.
I wish for you and me to live with LOVE – TRUTH – PURPOSE all the way to 100!
Big Pink love Lara and the two gorgeous fur children, Suzy and Chelsea xx
RELATED PINK STORIES you may like: